Duration: 6 months under CIP, with the possibility of extension.
Start date: March 2022.
Type of contract: full-time contract (37,5 hours per week).
Salary: Contrat d'immersion professionnelle with a stipend of 1000 € (net salary)
Place of work: SECO Brussels, Rue d'Arlon, 53 – 1000 Brussels
Working hours: 9h to 17h (Brussels time)
Eligible candidates: European citizenship (including non-EU) with a valid work permit.
The Secretary-General (SG) has the following responsibilities
- Conducts day to day business operations and takes the main decisions to steer the associations' direction;
- Call for the board meetings, writes the agenda, and takes minutes to ensure follow-up and implementation of the agreed on decisions;
- Attends meetings of the various networks the association is part of and reports to the board on the ongoing processes;
- Manages ongoing projects of the organization and partnerships;
- Coordinates the submission process of the grant applications in which the association wants to participate;
- Coordinates the general workflow and the Erasmus interns, as well as other types of contributors;
- Manages social media ultimately: copy-edits/proofreads texts before their publication;
- Is involved in the community management of the Facebook page, LinkedIn, Instagram & Twitter;
- Oversees the process of the creation of the newsletter;
- Oversees the process of the creation of the annual report;
- Manages the administrative tasks under the guidance of the Board and executes the decisions;
- Keeps the folders and documents up to date on a shared Drive;
- Calls for the Annual General Assembly and jointly with the President manages the association according to the statutes.
The Secretary-General reports to and works directly with the President.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field: EU studies, Business administration, humanities;
- Preferably one year of relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge of the EU institutions and European politics;
- A high level of written and spoken knowledge of English; French and/or Dutch skills are not essential but it is preferable that the candidate has a basic understanding of any of the two official Brussels languages to undertake some administrative tasks.
- The mastery of another European language is a plus.
Other nice to have skills
Administrative skills (legal and organisational paperwork, drafting)
Organisational skills (office and event management experience)
- Computer literacy & basic editing skills to format letters and presentations
- Web management skills (WordPress system)
- Good interpersonal & communication skills (internal and external communications)
- Readiness to work occasionally out of standard working hours and at different locations, especially for events.
- Intermediate graphic design skills and layout planning are a plus.
- Minimum computer equipment maintenance skills are welcome.
- Team leading experience is highly valued, as the Secretary-General will have managerial duties.